HOW TO CURE THE MATE?
Place humid yerba inside the gourd for 24 hours with hot water.
Then remove the yerba and scrape the pumpkin with a spoon to remove the skin.
Frequent use helps the process. DO NOT wash with water and dry with a napkin after each use.
To prime or use the mate, DO NOT fill the point of contact between the ferrule and the gourd with water, that is, do not fill it to the top with water. Since the ferrule fulfills a more aesthetic than functional function.
HOW TO PRIME A GOOD MATE?
- FIRST : Fill the mate in three quarters. Cover with your hand and shake it upside down, ensuring that the components of the grind mix evenly and the yerba is tilted over the mate at approximately 45°.
- SECOND : Moisten the yerba with warm water in that small cavity that was formed on one of the sides of the mate. Wait for the yerba to absorb the water and place the bombilla inside the mate.
- THIRD : Heat the water avoiding that it boils: to prepare a good mate it is very important that it never exceeds a temperature of 80°C.
- FOURTH : Add the hot water on the side of the bombilla until it is 3/4 full.
- FIFTH : Enjoy the ritual of sharing with the other, the magic of drinking mate.